News Room

Who Can Represent You as Authorized Paid Representatives?

Jun 20, 2022

Who can represent you as authorized paid representatives? 

- Lawyers and paralegals who are members in good standing of a Canadian provincial or territorial law society
- Notaries who are members in good standing of the Chambre des notaires du Québec and
- Citizenship or immigration consultants who are members in good standing of the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants


Notaries of Québec and Lawyers vs. Immigration Consultants

Notaries of Québec and Lawyers must have a Law degree from a Canadian University.

Notaries and lawyers must complete a three-year Law degree to become legal advisers. While Lawyers are required to successfully complete the bar exam to become legally registered, Notaries of Québec are required to complete a Master’s degree in Notarial Law and successfully complete the professional training of the Chambre des notaires du Québec.

 In addition to their education, Notaries of Québec and Lawyers must undergo an internship after their studies to enter their professional board.

Immigration consultants are not lawyers. They do not attend Law school and generally undergo a one-year certification to become registered.  It is also not required for immigration consultants to have completed an undergraduate degree to start their certification.

While immigration consultants are legally able to represent you, only Lawyers and Notaries of Québec are allowed to represent you in the Federal Court of Canada for judicial review of immigration decisions.


IMCA consultancy is an immigration consultancy firm and its managing partner, Mtre Grece Al-Jawabra, is a Notary of the province of Québec.

Immigration Attorneys (Notaries and Lawyers) do not require a CICC number to represent you.

Avoiding Fraud

Unfortunately, there are many cases of fraud that affect thousands of potential immigrants throughout the world. Therefore, you must be cautious when choosing an immigration representative and find out if they’re authorized to represent you. It is important that you verify the services you are using and be wary of potential immigration red flags.

To verify IMCA Consultancy’s managing partner’s credentials, you can check the Chambre des notaires du Québec website and confirm Mtre Grece Al-Jawabra’s registration on the roll of the order.

To do so, follow the steps below:

  1. Go to the Chambre des notaires du Québec website

  2. Click on “Find a Notary”

  3. Type “Grece” under first name

  4. Mtre Grece Al-Jawabra will appear in the search